c. 1960s Fratelli Fanciullacci Vase
- Unit Price
Two Faced Vase
Appx. 5.5" H
Ceramiche Capraia was established in Capraia Fiorentino (Florence) in 1862 by Raphael Fanciullacci, originally making table and kitchen ware, but by 1880 his son and 4 grandsons had joined the company and the name was changed to Fratelli Fanciullacci (the Brothers Fanciullacci).
In 1911 the factory moved across the River Arno to Montelupo Fiorentina to be closer to the new rail link, and this resulted in a booming production line.
The company continued to make tableware but also branched out production to make a wide range of artistic items, which they produced in large numbers in many styles. Post World War 2 they were taken over by Colorifico, Bitossi's parent company, but were left to independently run, and were considered one of Italy's great ceramic companies.